This time of year is busy, especially for those of you that live in the United States. With Thanksgiving and Black Friday this week, we know you’ll be exhausted, and probably broke. But it’s the time of year where we can reflect on the things we are thankful for, like our friends and family, and hopefully the rest of the Ankylosing Spondylitis community, too?
Giving Tuesday (or #GivingTuesday) is a global giving movement to help support and raise awareness for the things you believe in the most.
Like you, we are passionate about raising the global awareness of Ankylosing Spondylitis. So together, let’s do something amazing.
This year Facebook has partnered with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation who will be matching the donations to nonprofits, like us, that are made through Facebook. They have put up a staggering $2 million to match your donations, with each nonprofit being capped at $50,000. So for every dollar we raise for Walk AS One on Tuesday the 28th of November, they will match it dollar for dollar! Not only that, but Facebook will be waving all fees that day, so Walk AS One will get every single cent!
Even if you’re all spent up after the amazing Black Friday sales, you can still help us in two ways.
- You can share our Walk AS One page and donation button to your social media friends, and encourage them to donate, with the knowledge their donation will be double at no extra cost to them.
- You can put your own donation button on your Facebook posts on #GivingTuesday, selecting Walk AS One as your charity of choice (more on how to do this below.)
If you have any questions about #GivingTuesday on Facebook you can check out their post here.
Help us to help you raise awareness of Ankylosing Spondylitis, and get the cure we are all so desperately after.
How to add your own donate button
Adding your own donation button couldn’t be easier. Just follow the simple steps below and you’ll be all set. Just remember, do this on Tuesday the 28th. While any money raised before will be very much appreciated, it will not be eligible for the matching program. If you have any questions, ask in the comments below or send us an email.
- Visit Facebook.com/fundraisers, click “Raise Money.”
- Click “Charity,” and then search for Walk AS One.
- Input your goal amount (dream big.)
- Answer the question to let people know why you are fundraising for us.
- Share with your friends. Simple!