You may have already heard that we are planning to create a 2018 calendar. We would love for you to be a part of it. We are looking for an original piece of art for each month of the year to highlight our togetherness and unity. So we are asking for you, a member of the community, to enter our contest by submitting an original piece of artwork which may appear on one of the calendar months. Winners will be chosen by a select committee. Please scroll down to read the full details as well as the terms and conditions.
The deadline for submissions is: October 22nd.
- Each person may submit a maximum of 3 entries.
- This contest is open to everyone.
- There is no entry fee.
- Art must be the sole and original work of the contestant and not copied in whole or in part from any other work.
- Digital image(s) may be submitted as .tiff or .jpeg format, 300 dpi at least.
- Submissions will not be returned.
Image Size: Your art must be in landscape form and 8.5” x 11”
Submitting Via Email:
Email us with “Your Name: Calendar Artist Submission” in the subject line to email@example.com. Attach a scan or digital copy of your art. Image resolution should be 300dpi. Please attach a .doc or PDF with the following information: Name, name of your art piece, address, and phone number, the reason you entered your art, your relationship to A.S, and a description of your art.
Original Art Work:
By submitting art to us, you are acknowledging that your art is original and created by yourself. Although art can be inspired by many sources, it is imperative that your artwork is original and not copied from another source.
Ownership of Your Art:
By submitting to this calendar, you are agreeing the non-profit Walk AS One has assumed the rights of your work and can use it in the 2018 calendar and for other promotional avenues. You will receive credit in the calendar for your work.
Format of work:
All images must be submitted in digital format. Submit a non-returnable representation of your work. Take a digital photo or scan your art via a copier or scanner.
Return of Images:
Walk AS One reserves the right to destroy all images submitted on digital media upon distribution of the year 2018 calendars and other products.
Quality of images:
Submit high quality images. File resolution should be 300dpi to reproduce well in the printing world.
What does that mean? Here are some examples of pixel dimensions & file sizes and how they translate to an 8×10 print (the size of the calendar page).
– Best Quality: File size 19MB (19,000KB) // Pixel dimensions: approx 7,300 x 5414. Images this size are usually taken from cameras with 10 megapixels & higher resolution. It’s more than we need to reproduce well. Bigger is better!
– Good: File size 1MG-3MB, 1,000-3,000KB) // Pixel dimensions: approx 2000 x 1500. Images this size will reproduce at 8×10 with good quality detail. Usually around 2 megapixels.
– Barely Acceptable: File size 600KB // Pixel dimensions: approx 1014 x 768. Images this size will show pixilation (the photo will have a “blocky” look especially when viewed up close. Depending on the subject matter, it may be very noticeable.) Photos submitted at this size are borderline, and many of them will not reproduce well. (Generally, these photos are either taken from a social media program such as Facebook or Instagram, or taken from a phone on a low resolution setting.) Sending a photo as a text message drastically reduces the resolution. These files are almost always too small to print.
Terms & Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE GUIDELINES THOROUGHLY. BY SUBMITTING IMAGES TO WALK AS ONE YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH IN THESE GUIDELINES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT IMAGES. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SUPERSEDE ANY TERMS AND CONDITIONS ACCOMPANYING YOUR SUBMISSION OF IMAGES, AND ALSO ANY PREVIOUS AGREEMENTS, CONTRACTS, OR UNDERSTANDINGS YOU MAY HAVE HAD WITH WALK AS ONE FOR PRIOR YEARS. EDITED AND/OR ALTERED TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.
Ownership/grant of rights
Grant of Rights: With respect to the images submitted by you and chosen by Walk AS One, you grant to WASO the worldwide right and license to use the chosen images on a non-exclusive basis in connection with the manufacture, publication, distribution, promotion, advertisement and sale of year 2018 calendars and other products (hereinafter referred to as “other products or other product”) in format for the duration of our publication, distribution, promotion, advertisement and sale of year 2018 calendars and of the other products. This right and license includes market editions of a WASO imprint that use the same images, yet may have a slightly different title and different cover image. Other market editions include language editions and “resized” mass-market editions. This right and license also includes the right to make such editorial changes to the images, as WASO deems appropriate in the exercise of its sole discretion